Tuesday, September 14, 2021

Plan for the Unexpected

I received a call on Sept. 13 from a person asking that I call him back quickly as his matter was urgent.  He was worried about missing the Sept. 15 filing deadline as his CPA passed away and he had nothing to allow him to file tax returns.  The story goes on but the lessons are more important.  

  1. Always have a back-up plan.  I am now in the process of crating a contingency plan in case my business ever goes down for an extended period of time. 
  2. Keep electronic files of everything that you receive.  Paper copies are OK but electronic documents can be saved safely in secure cloud storage.  This guy had received some necessary documents but did not save them.  He thought that he could always call his CPA to get them.  

As they say on Big Brother, "Expect the Unexpected!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Plan for the Unexpected

I received a call on Sept. 13 from a person asking that I call him back quickly as his matter was urgent.  He was worried about missing the ...